Thursday, November 09, 2006

...and so it starts.

Welcome to my first official blogspot! Oh, sure I've been muddling around with MySpace.com for a little while, but I think this would really qualify as a true, by God, blog.

A lot of you (okay, just the few who are reading this) may be wondering, “Why does he call himself a 38 year old teenager?” Well, it’s simple, really. I have never quite grown up. Some folks would call it immaturity. Some call it “running from the inevitable”.

I call it self-preservation.

I mean, really. Who wouldn’t want to go back to a time when the only thing you had to worry about was, which would it be today: the plank of pseudo pizza or the mystery meat sandwich? White or chocolate milk? Whose car do we take to the liquor store? Which freshman band member was taking the plunge into the hedges today?

In order to keep my sanity, I decided some time ago that I would continue to act 17 for as long as I could. So far, that’s been through an almost 10 year marriage, a divorce, 3 kids (soon to be 4), two strokes, a heart attack, by-pass surgery, and enough negative life changes to curl Jennifer Anniston’s hair. Ah, Jennifer…sigh!

Erm…ahem! So, it is with great pleasure that I commit to laying out the sordid thoughts and details of my life here, for anyone who wishes to live vicariously through me. For those that do, God help you. I’m sure we kind find you some therapy together.

Okay, take my hand…follow me. It gets sort of dark down here, but I’ll help you find your way. I know most of the twists and turns by heart.

Most of them.

No comments: