Monday, November 13, 2006

Network Blues and karaoke

Prior to this entry, it should be noted that I love karaoke. I mean I really love karaoke. You know that tingle you get when you spend time with that special someone, gazing longingly into their eyes as your souls join into one? Yeah, like that.

So this weekend, I had network issues to resolve for a client. They were finally moving into the 21st century as far as connectivity, which is to say they were leaving behind the creaky old technology of frame relay. All hail and praise Metro-E! I had done my due diligence and designed a bullet proof network for them, complete with full-mesh design, backup connectivity and the proverbial sesame seed bun. Do you need a hot apple pie? Drive around please...

This job should have taken a grand total of about two hours. We started at 5:00 pm.

At around 12:30, we decided we had enough. Everything that could go wrong, did; from the wrong type of switches to routers losing their code, it was one thing after another. I swear to Christ, we were looking to the skies for the swarms of locusts and just knew that the moon was going to turn to sackcloth at any moment.

On a lighter note, all of my stuff worked.

Now, about that karaoke...oh wait, I gotta go.

Talk amongst yourselves.

No comments: